They threw themselves on, put on make-up and off to the party. Unfortunately, make-up often leaves unsightly stains on clothing that are difficult to remove. Especially the collar of white clothes literally attract make-up. We have put together a few home remedies for you that can be used to remove make-up.
Make-up stains: You can get rid of them with these home remedies
What looks great on the face, unfortunately, doesn’t stay there too often: Even when putting on make-up, you can easily get on your blouse or shirt. If it is warm, make-up also likes to run – and can be found on the collar or scarf. When cleaning, you should adapt the agent to the material. Silk wants to be treated differently than cotton. We have a couple
- Make-up usually consists of oils, or fats and color pigments. So you need a home remedy that dissolves fat well. The important thing is: do not rub! No matter which means you use, be careful. Soak the stain. Then wash it off with plenty of clear water. If possible, the clothes should then be washed in the washing machine.
- What works when cleaning the face also helps with stains on clothing. Facial toner, for example, is well suited for removing stains. However, you should only use this for very “robust” textiles. Facial toner is definitely suitable for cotton and linen. You can also treat viscose well with it.
- You can also use other household items to remove makeup from clothing. With cleaning gasoline or alcohol, remove the stain from the above materials without attacking the fabric.
- The finer the textiles, the more careful you have to be when choosing the agent. Silk will resent the treatment with cleaning water. Here it is recommended to carefully soak the stain with gall soap.
- If no home remedy helps, because the stain is too stubborn, the trade offers special stain removers.
- If none of the above means help, the way to a specialist remains. Dry cleaners have stain removers that are not available in stores. The investment is always worthwhile, especially for very expensive items of clothing.