Do your make-up yourself, benefit from it in several ways. For one thing, you know exactly what’s in it, so you don’t have to worry about hidden ingredients. On the other hand, you can match the make-up exactly to your desired tone.
Make your own makeup – a simple recipe
Even a simple make-up can be made from cheap and healthy ingredients. An accurate balance is important.
You will need a teaspoon of cocoa butter, jojoba oil, shea butter, cinnamon, and dark, pure cocoa. Furthermore, 5 g of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are added to the make-up. Finally, add 10 to 15 drops of tea tree oil.
- Warm the shea and cocoa butter as well as the jojoba oil over the water bath and then add the other ingredients.
- If everything is mixed thoroughly and evenly, fill the make-up into clean cosmetic jars.
- By the way, the tea tree oil serves an important purpose. It serves as a kind of preservative for the make-up. The essential oil can kill both viruses and bacteria as well as fungi. This means that they cannot form in the make-up. Tea tree oil is also a home remedy for pimples.
Tips for homemade make-up
Every skin type requires a different make-up tone. The makeup of this recipe is colored by the natural ingredients cocoa and cinnamon.
- If you want to achieve a slightly lighter or darker make-up tone, add a little less or more of these two ingredients.
- Until you find the right shade, you will probably have to experiment a little. Tip: Weigh the individual ingredients carefully and note the amounts with each attempt.
- Once you have found the perfect mix for your homemade make-up, you can restore it with the exact quantities in the same tone at any time.
- As mentioned in the first section, tea tree oil serves an important purpose in make-up. However, the essential oil can irritate the skin. So first test your make-up on your forearm for tolerance.
- The make-up according to this recipe covers very well, so it is also ideal if you want to hide dark circles.
- Like any makeup, you should remove makeup thoroughly in the evening. If you want to do something good for your skin afterward, do it with a peeling.
Doing makeup yourself with natural ingredients has many advantages
Unfortunately, makeup often leaves stains on clothing. For this reason, we will explain in the next post how to remove makeup stains with home remedies.